By promoting a balance between life events and work, creating an employment environment where women can play an active role, and Support for Career Development development, we will promote the realization of a gender equality and diversity environment at our university, and all members including faculty and staff will be sufficient. We have formulated the following action plan so that we can demonstrate our abilities.
6 years from April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2023
Issues of our university
- The ratio of female faculty and staff in managerial positions is low.
- Compared to the ratio of female faculty members in office, the ratio of women in managerial positions is low.
- The ratio of female faculty and staff in employment will be maintained as it is, and the ratio of female faculty and staff managers will be increased to 26% by 2022.
- Raise the ratio of female high-ranking teachers in the field of natural sciences, who have few high-ranking jobs, by 1% or more.
Details of efforts
- Improve career awareness by training female faculty and staff in front of managerial positions
- "Examination of various measures by the working group" Continue the examination by the working group of the Gender Equality Promotion Committee.
- "Career Advancement Seminar" Planning and implementation of training and seminars for female teachers aiming for managerial positions.
- "Development of mentoring system by job type" In order to expand the base, we will consider the development of mentoring system by job type.
- "Examination for the implementation of exchange meetings by position" We will examine the mechanism of exchange opportunities between female teachers according to the position.
- "Consultation and seminars to support reinstatement" Consider conducting interviews and seminars for reinstated women, spouses, and their superiors.
- Create an environment that facilitates work-life balance for both men and women so that women can continue to work
- "Reexamination of support system that can be used by men" We will consider efforts to promote work-life balance support that can be used by men, and continue to encourage men to take childcare leave positively.
"Rate of taking childcare leave within the planned period"
Male faculty and staff: At least 6 people must be acquired during the planning period.
Female faculty and staff: Continue to increase the acquisition rate to 85% or higher.
- "Development of an environment that makes it easy to use babysitter services" Build and operate a system that uses the Cabinet Office babysitter dispatch business.
- "Dissemination and provision of information on various systems related to pregnancy, childbirth, and childcare" We will enhance the website to make it easier to obtain information on various systems related to pregnancy, childbirth, and childcare, and create an easy-to-use guidebook.
- "Understanding the status of long-term care staff" Understand the usage status of long-term care leave and consider revisions to the system.
- Continue and develop organizational awareness reforms to realize gender equality
- "Sending Top Message" The President will send out recommendations for gender equality and the realization of a diversity environment. "Dissemination of harassment consultation counters" We will strive to disseminate the consultation counters regarding harassment.
- "Symposium implementation" We will hold symposiums and seminars on the promotion of gender equality, and work mainly toward managers to reform the awareness of gender equality.
- "Efforts in FD" Men's and women's collaboration and awareness of promoting women will be taken up as the theme of FD.